I love coffee. I love denim. I love travel. So when the guys at 3Sixteen approached me about helping them develop and produce a run of custom travel kits for a special project with Handsome Coffee Roasters, it was an absolute no brainer.
The assignment was fairly loose—to create a carrying case for a travel kit which included an Aeropress, digital scale, mini hand grinder, and of course, a 12 oz bag of delicious, perfectly roasted little pellets from heaven (aka coffee beans). I went through a couple iterations of different designs but wasn't feeling 100% on them when I found myself spacing out and staring at a take out box I'd brought home for lunch. Lightbulb! I was pretty excited about the idea and quickly drew up some sketches/plans. I presented the idea to the 3Sixteen and Handsome guys who signed off on the idea, and after a couple prototypes and a little back and forth, we were all set.
It all starts here with a side of Chromexcel, straight from Horween.
More hand cutting.
And finally on to everything else:
• 100% handmade here in our studio on Vashon Island, Washington
• Constructed entirely from Chromexcel
• Brass double capped rivets w/leather washers on inside
• Unique quad flap closure with adjustable strap and brass buckle
• Inner pockets/dividers to organize kit contents