noun: excursion; plural noun: excursions
1. a short journey or trip, esp. one engaged in as a leisure activity.
See "Details" tab for specs.
- 10.10 oz waxed canvas
- Floating 1000 denier coated nylon Cordura lining
- Self cinching roll top closure
- Roll top + waxed canvas + Cordura = weatherproof
- 9 oz full grain veg tan leather strap, wax treated for weatherproofing
- Powder coated ladder locks with mil-spec webbing for quick adjustment
- Tan bottom
- Non-exposed welt construction side access zip
- Premium Italian Lanfranchi Superlampo™ zips
- Swivel clip for easy on/off
- Approx 19" tall x 6.75" diameter
- 613 CU-IN/10L capacity
Cotton canvas that features a waxed finish that has been impregnated into the fabric, resulting in a natural, water-resistant fabric. Historically speaking, waxed canvas is an evolution of oiled sailcloth, which was the result of fisherman observing the fact that wet sails are more efficient than dry sails. Capes were made out of the remnants, resulting in an archetypical waxed slicker.
Our packs are made from Martexin, a proprietary waxed cotton canvas from Martin Dyeing & Finishing Co (est 1838).
Vegetable Tanned Leather (Veg Tan, Bark Tan) - Refers to leather that has been tanned using tannin and other ingredients found in tree bark and other vegetable matter. This method of tanning has been in existence for thousands of years. Left un-dyed (natural), this leather will age in color dramatically, specific to it's owner's use. This makes for a very personal product that will evolve along with you. Natural veg tan leather darkens with exposure to sun, natural oils (animal oils applied to condition, oil from your hands, etc), and water.
Super durable, water, tear, and abrasion resistant, Cordura has been the go-to choice for serious hiking and expedition packs since the 70's. Originally developed in 1929 by the DuPont company as a type of rayon, and used extensively in military tires during WWII. In 1967, the product was switched over to nylon after testing proved the new formulations with nylon to be highly superior. Cordura features a polyurethane coating on the backside for improved water resistance.
Cordura is measured in denier (d). The higher the denier, the heavier the fabric. 1000d, the weight used on our packs, is the industry standard for backpacks and luggage.