A subtly updated version of the Excursion with better ergonomics, (totally) different construction, and small internal pocket.
See "Features" and "Components" tabs for more info and the blog post for a look behind it's design.
- 10.10oz waxed cotton Gridwax canvas
- Small internal pocket
- Self cinching roll top closure
- Black Harness leather strap, Dublin bottom, and pull-tabs
- Powder coated strap adjusters with mil-spec webbing
- Side access zip
- Swivel clip for easy on/off
- Webbing reinforced stress points
- Approx 19" tall x 6.75" diameter
- 613 CU-IN/10L capacity
- 10.10 oz waxed cotton canvas
- Harness leather from Wickett & Craig
- Dublin leather from Horween
- Italian Lanfranchi Superlampo™ zips
- Mil-spec nylon webbing
- Nickel/powder-coated hardware
Cotton canvas that features a waxed finish that has been impregnated into the fabric, resulting in a natural, water-resistant fabric. Historically speaking, waxed canvas is an evolution of oiled sailcloth, which was the result of fishermen observing the fact that wet sails are more efficient than dry sails. Capes were made out of the remnants, resulting in an archetypical waxed slicker.
Our packs are made from Martexin, a proprietary waxed cotton canvas from Martin Dyeing & Finishing Co (est 1838).
Full-grain cowhide hot-stuffed with waxes/oils for improved water repellency. Breaks in and softens beautifully.
Dublin comes from the famed Horween tannery in Chicago and uses the same vegetable tannin base tannage as Cordovan, with an added hot-stuffing step which impregnates the leather with waxes and oils for improved weather resistancy.
Ubiquitously recognized as one of the best zipper manufacturers in the world. Made in Italy to the finest standards. Premium symmetrical Superlampo tank zips are the crème de la crème.