- Late night inspiration turned reality. The basic idea was to make a pack with a hinge-like opening that folded back for access; perhaps something like a cigarette box. The opening is slanted for improved access to contents and the seams are kept minimal for a really clean aesthetic that highlights the pack's geometric silhouette. Sized as a small day pack.
- 10.10oz waxed canvas
- Reversed waxed 9oz Cone Mills denim inner
- Premium Italian Lanfranchi Superlampo™ zips
- 9 oz natural veg tan ergonomic leather straps
- Nickel mil-spec strap adjusters
- Laptop sleeve fits up to 13" notebook
- Bound internal seams
- Padded back with closed cell XPE foam
- Hinge-like opening provides clear access to contents
- Measures approx 11.5" (base of back panel) x 17.75" (top to bottom of back panel)
Cotton canvas that features a waxed finish that has been impregnated into the fabric, resulting in a natural, water-resistant fabric. Historically speaking, waxed canvas is an evolution of oiled sailcloth, which was the result of fishermen observing the fact that wet sails are more efficient than dry sails. Capes were made out of the remnants, resulting in an archetypical waxed slicker.
Our packs are made from Martexin, a proprietary waxed cotton canvas from Martin Dyeing & Finishing Co (est 1838).
Vegetable Tanned Leather (Veg Tan, Bark Tan) - Refers to leather that has been tanned using tannin and other ingredients found in tree bark and other vegetable matter. This method of tanning has been in existence for thousands of years. Left un-dyed (natural), this leather will age in color dramatically, specific to it's owner's use. This makes for a very personal product that will evolve along with you. Natural veg tan leather darkens with exposure to sun, natural oils (animal oils applied to condition, oil from your hands, etc), and water.
Ubiquitously recognized as one of the best zipper manufacturers in the world. Made in Italy to the finest standards. Premium symmetrical Superlampo tank zips are the absolute créme de la créme of zips.