When we set out to make an iPhone case, we knew it had to adhere to a couple guidelines -
• It had to be 100% leather—no inserts, elastic, or other materials. The experience had to be distinctly leather—the way it ages, molds, evolves, and patinas with use.
• It had to be fully functional. Screen, buttons, ports, sensors, cameras all had to be accessible and left functional. We even managed to sneak in a card pocket.
• It had to be slim—to be as non-intrusive to the iPhone's footprint as possible—namely by eliminating side-seams, which add to the width of the footprint.
Note: Please keep in mind this case is 100% natural cowhide which is a natural, organic material and carries variances in thickness, temper, stretch, etc. You should expect your experience with this case to be different than most phone cases you're used to. The process will perhaps be more akin to breaking in a pair of leather shoes—the fit will improve with use, the end result being a snug, molded fit. Please see the "Fitting Instructions" tab for info on getting the best fit for your phone.
- Phone is left fully functional
- Card pocket accessible from the side
- US tanned leather from Wickett & Craig and Hermann Oak
- 100% full grain leather
- Made in USA
Training and fitting your case
- The initial week or so is your chance to train the leather to match up to all the cameras, ports, and buttons correctly. Gently pull, stretch, and guide the leather to center up with everything.
- Continue to check fit, adjust and train for a few days until the leather has settled and is starting to mold to the phone.
Vegetable Tanned Leather (Veg Tan, Bark Tan) - Refers to leather that has been tanned using tannin and other ingredients found in tree bark and other vegetable matter. This method of tanning has been in existence for thousands of years. Left un-dyed (natural), this leather will age in color dramatically, specific to it's owner's use. This makes for a very personal product that will evolve along with you. Natural veg tan leather darkens with exposure to sun, natural oils (animal oils applied to condition, oil from your hands, etc), and water.
English bridle leather is a vegetable tanned leather that has been drum dyed and hot stuffed with waxes and tallows. This creates a rugged yet beautiful leather with water resistant qualities. English bridle has a smooth and slightly waxy hand that breaks in beautifully and grows more supple with use. Truly a leather that only gets better with age.